Monday, April 5, 2010

Miracle! Wooo!




Hi peeps, guess what?!?

I have experienced a miracle!

Here's the deal: My joints have always been loose. I used to pop my shoulders out of joint as a trick to impress people in elementary school (but I learned that that's not good for me, so I don't do it anymore). I used to be able to bend backwards and touch my head to my feet. My kneecaps slide out of place sometimes, and my wrists and elbows slide around too. When I used to rock climb a lot, I would sometimes stretch my legs wide and feel like my hip was about to pop out of it's socket.

And now I've got a lovely hormone called relaxin coursing through my veins, causing all sorts of havoc, like heartburn, peeing when I laugh, and my joints floating apart. ...Hurray? It'll make it easier for babygirl to come out, but in the meantime it has made walking very painful and difficult. My pelvic bone itself hurts, along with all the muscles and tendons that connect to it. For the last two weeks, I was reduced to a hobbling old penguin-woman who could only walk in tiny, embarrassing steps--when I could walk at all.

I went to my chiropractor in sack cloth and ashes, begging for forgiveness for my prolonged absence, and she did what she could. She's great, sure, but the pain! O, the pain!

I tried stretching, I tried swimming, I tried ice and heat. My bones and joints, they just SUCK.

AND THEN!!!!!

My dear lovely mother sent me a package filled with mixed CDs, maternity clothing, and the best present ever: a maternity support belt!

Seriously people. I put it on and IMMEDIATELY felt better. I thought it would just support the belly--a valid pursuit, but those things are expensive and I needed help with my hips and pelvis! So I hadn't bought one. But it really did hold my hips together and I could feel the stability immediately. I'm not completely pain-free, but the difference is between a bruise and a broken bone. I can walk again!

Hallelujah! Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment