Friday, February 12, 2010

Hey, How about a Post about...

Ten Weird Pregnancy Side Effects WOOOOOO!

1. Dizziness. Gets to be number 1 because it's annoying me right now.

2. Bloody noses. ALL the TIME. We got a humidifier and that helps, but one time my nose burst a vessel or something right in the middle of class and I had to run out with my hand filling up with blood, and it was dripping all down my face and chin and I looked like someone out of a zombie movie! Gross! But that was just the one time.

3. Swollen corneas. My eyeballs swelled all up and now I can't wear my contacts overnight anymore.

4. Nice nails. Not technically "weird," but veeeery noticeable. Or... maybe I've stopped biting my nails?

5. Tingly feet and legs. Something to do with nerves in my hips and back, a very weird feeling.

6. Swollen feet and legs. My midwife was surprised when I told her I was swelling like this so early. Awesome. I'll probably look like Wallace from Wallace and Gromit by the time the baby pops out.

7. Brain loss. My brain has escaped, or been eaten by my baby. I cannot remember ANYTHING anymore. Names of common household objects? Gone. What I just said? Nada! It's starting to seem inconvenient to be pregnant in grad school.

8. Sob-Fest 2010. I cry all the time. Usually after laughing for a while. One time I ordered three types of drinks at McDonald's on a road trip and cried for ten minutes because I thought it was funny. Another family on a road trip eating at the next table over probably thought Alex was abusing me.

9. Pain when I... sit, stand, walk, roll over in bed, anything. Pain in my tummy, pain in my pelvis, pain in my back, pain shooting down my legs. Wooo for pain. Training for labor? This is NOTHIN'! BRING IT ON! Or... bring me an ice pack.

10. I can't think of a number 10. But 10 is such a nice way to round out a list, isn't it?

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment